Overnight Stay in the Modern Monastery
ROOMS & PRICES
The modern Gut Saunstorf Monastery is a place of stillness. Take a break from the hustle and bustle of daily life and find a silent retreat for spiritual self-care. Or just enjoy the quiet and beauty of the natural surrounding.
Starting at 85 EUR per night
Starting at 110 EUR per night
Starting at 165 EUR per night
The following services are included free of charge:
- Participation in the daily exercise and meditation program
- Water station with high-quality drinking water
- Hot water and fresh ginger tea all day long
- Access to sauna from 3:30 – 6:30 pm (Finnish and infrared sauna)
- Access to in-house library
- On request: open fire in the evening
- WiFi available in two common rooms
- Daily Transfer from Bobitz railway station, from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Parking space
Daily periods of silence: In the manor house there ist silence in the morning until 8:45 a.m. and at all meals for the first 15 minutes of mealtime.
Check-in time starts at 2 pm.
Check-out time is at 10 am at the latest, but if you need a late check-out, you can request to stay until 5 pm by paying an additional charge of € 20 (€ 30 for suites).
In addition, the following services can be booked:
- Bicycle Rental: 5 EUR
- Bathrobe Rental: 5 EUR
- Extra bed for children: 30 EUR per child per night for kids older than 5 years, up to 5 years 30 EUR one-time fee.
- Massages & body treatments (We recommend booking 14 days prior to arrival.)
- No pets allowed in the manor house. We are happy to recommend a local dog care.
- Breakfast: 18 EUR per person and day
- Half board (breakfast and dinner): 36 EUR per person per day
- Full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner): 55 EUR per person and day
All meals are organic and purely vegetarian. They are served buffet-style. Our kitchen is certified by the professional society Öko-Kontrolle according to DE-ÖKO-034 for the processing of food from controlled organic farming.
Lunch and dinner are served in silence for 15 minutes of the meal time, so that you can contemplate silently also while eating.
- Shower/bathtub and WC
- Bathrobe/towels included
- All rooms are non-smoking
- Allergy-friendly: Bed linen and pillows are made of untreated cotton, duvet is made of polyester.
- Vitalized drinking water: From all the water pipes flows structured water of high drinking quality.
- A wastewater treatment circuit supplies the toilets with water from the hotel’s own biological recycling plant.
The stylish, warm elegance of the manor house, the high-class room design, reduced to the essentials and infused with the awareness of monastic contemplation support you on your inward journey, in search of peace and relaxation.
The floors of all our rooms are made from light, warm ash floorboards. All rooms have views of the green, spacious surrounding park, inviting us to relax and enter into our own natural awareness.
Our rooms are built with great care, with environmentally friendly building methods and natural materials. Each room is equipped with solid wood furniture and a clay wall for a natural and healthy room climate.
It was our deliberate intention to shape discreet rooms, reduced in design, without WiFi in the room and without a TV. In addition, lovingly selected details in the design of the rooms are supportive for your inner retreat.
A total of 27 single, double and shared rooms as well as 3 luxurious suites offer you all the space you need.
Individual retreat with accompaniment
For your booking inquiries use our form, or call directly.